FEE AND ATTENDANCE POLICIES
I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) in the state of New York. This means I am fully credentialed as an Out-of-Network provider for most insurance plans. I have chosen not to take insurance directly for a number of reasons.
- The Insurance Industry has gained so much power and influence that its primary interest is to make money and not in providing the best quality patient care.
- In order to rationalize denial of or limit of care, they have become intrusive into the privacy of the therapy process, often requiring detailed notes on clients be sent to them.
- They do not always adequately safe guard client confidentiality.
Using your Out-of-Network benefits can be a better option for you as a consumer both financially and in protecting your confidentiality. You need to contact your insurance company and ask specifically about your Out-of-Network benefits for therapy with a LCSW. Then I will be happy to help devise a plan so that you can maximize your potential benefits while still seeking the quality care of a professional with over 25 years of experience.
A free initial telephone consultation can be arranged. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about my training and approach to therapy.
My fee for a 50-minute therapy session is $220. I also provide a limited sliding fee scale based on your individual/family income, for a limited number of clients. Fees will be negotiated prior to your attending the first session.
ATTENDANCE AND CANCELLATION POLICY
In the field of psychotherapy we used to have big arguments over which treatment theories were the most effective. Over time what the research concluded was that the majority of theories could be effective, the important factor was the relationship that develops between clients and therapists. With weekly appointments we still only have 50 minutes to build an effective therapeutic relationship, thus consistent attendance is essential for good outcomes. This may seem obvious, but in the press of daily life, with all the demands on people’s time, the importance of weekly attendance may get lost. My cancellation policy is designed to strike a balance between the importance of consistent and regular sessions, and the reality that sometimes unavoidable things come up.
- You must cancel or reschedule your sessions 48 hours in advance or I have to charge you for the missed session.
- Whenever I am able, I will attempt to reschedule appointments.
- If you have been provided a routine appointment time, you are entitled to 2 missed appointments every 3 months without being charged a cancellation fee, provided you gave 48 hours notice.
- If you cannot attend routine weekly appointments, then you can call at the beginning of each week to see what session times are available.